The purpose of this position is to be the liaison between our clients and our internal technical teams regarding our Project and Portfolio Management (PPM) software solutions. The successful candidate will be responsible for engaging with clients to understand their project management processes and capture requirements in order to design and configure a PPM solution to meet their business objectives. This position will have a focus on helping our clients configure, implement and integrate technology solutions into their business environments. The ideal candidate would be experienced in delivering high quality solutions to clients with a proven technical understanding ideally in Project Server/Online, Project Professional, Project for the Web, SharePoint and Office 365. It requires a well-rounded professional with a focus on client satisfaction, excellent communication skills and a thirst of knowing the ins-and-outs of the products we provide to our clients.
What your day may include:
- Execute a variety of delivery, client leadership, project management, sales and presales tasks.
- Bring a strong IT consultancy background, preferably within a professional services vendor environment.
- Ownership of engagements, from presales and estimation, through to delivery and execution, and finally close-out and handover (where required).
- Contribute to the strategy, direction and growth of the QLD branch of Sensei.
- Engage with clients in person to understand their business requirements and interpret these into technical solutions which align with the client’s business objectives.
- Facilitate workshops and requirements gathering sessions and translate this information into relevant documentation.
- Perform product demonstrations to clients and assist with presales activities to help our sales team close deals.
- Provide technical advice and guidance to clients and have the ability to effectively talk through technical issues to non-technical people.
- Work with a variety of different clients concurrently across numerous projects and have the flexibility to move between projects based on changing demands and deadlines.
- Act professionally and effectively to represent Sensei externally.
- Build and maintain effective and constructive relationships with our clients, partners and staff.
Sound interesting? Here's the key skills you'll need to qualify:
- A range of experience across Microsoft PPM applications (including Project Online, Project Server, Project for the Web and Project Professional).
- Professionally presented with proven interpersonal skills particular in the area of client engagement.
- Excellent analytical skills in order to produce high quality business requirements, documents and functional specifications.
- A sound understanding of how to build client relationships and create solutions tailored to client business and technical drivers.
- Demonstrated ability to problem solve and influence outcomes.
- Strategic thinker with the ability to align technology with the business objectives and organisational drivers.
- Strong time management with the ability to manage multiple projects and competing client demands.
- Sound judgement and the ability to articulate client values and requirements.
- Sufficient level of technical knowledge of Microsoft applications such as SharePoint, Project Online/Server, Office 365 and familiarity with project management tools. Knowing that the ideal consultant will possess a detailed level of technical product knowledge to truly provide our clients with a series of well thought out solution designs.
- Possess an understanding of project management and financial management principles to be able to understand the language our clients use.
Highly Desirable - Skills, Knowledge and Experience:
- Experience working with Microsoft applications including SharePoint, PowerBI, Dynamics, Office365, or others.
- Attention to detail and an appreciation of the maintainability of a solution as well as its technical prowess.
- Tertiary qualifications and Microsoft Certifications are highly desirable for this position.
Interested in applying? Here's what we value:
- You genuinely want to make a difference to help improve the way our clients work, and you have a positive outlook on life.
- You’re not afraid of hard work. Curly challenges. Sometimes inconvenient hours.
- Perhaps you attend (or run) local user groups. In any case, you’re curious about how things work. You don’t pretend to know everything – and as a result, you are constantly learning.
- People trust you. When you are handed a problem, they feel confident that you will resolve it.
- You’re comfortable with change.
- During your interview, you’ll be able to tell us the capital city of Bolivia 🙂
- You’re going to write an amazing cover letter for this role.
... and here's how we roll at Sensei:
- Structure the way you work using our flexible work arrangements.
- We recognise that life is easier when cash flow is easy. That’s why we’ll pay you weekly – not fortnightly or monthly like other companies.
- We’ll help you support your family – get up to 4 months Paid Parental Leave at full salary for primary carer (not including government-funded parental leave).
- Be mentored and keep learning – grow your career – we want you to be with us for a long time.
- Transparency – we’re open about what’s happening in the company, where it’s going, how it’s performing.
- Stay Connected – BYOD policy, mobile allowances reimbursement program.
- Get lots of extra goodies like food, drink, discounts and more.
Now it’s time to do something about it! Go on, reach out and have an initial chat with us to learn more about the role and tackle any questions you may have to confirm Sensei is the right place for you and your talents.
At Sensei Project Solutions we partner with clients to help them improve the way they work. We want our clients to be able to focus on the work that matters so they can achieve their individual and organisational goals. To do this, we focus on creating market leading digital solutions for work and project management that bridge the gap between industry standards and technology. We are known for our expertise, our approachable working style, and our leadership within the Microsoft productivity landscape. We are a profitable, growing, awesome place to work that everyone at Sensei is proud of. Things you should know about us before applying to join:
- We’re growing. You won’t be the “new person” for long 🙂
- We’re a friendly and fun bunch. We work hard.
- We have high expectations, but we’ll make sure we help you meet them.
- We are a Microsoft Gold Partner and deeply connected to the Microsoft Product Community.