Are you able to create magic where others see only “data”? Can you “wow” a customer with impressive visual insights? Do you live to improve the way people understand their businesses and make real differences to the way in which organisations are managed and run?
Working within a local team, but as part of a national BI centre of excellence, you will contribute to the development, direction and growth of our Consulting / Services business. We work in a collaborative environment, working with many different organisations to evolve their productivity when it comes to project management, work management, business intelligence and reporting. This role offers significant variety where you will participate primarily in a report development capacity for our clients using Office 365, Project For The Web, Project Online, and Project Server environments. You will have knowledge in various areas of report development, particularly focused on the Microsoft Business Intelligence Stack (such as Power BI, SSRS and other .NET technologies) and ideally have experience partnering with external clients to provide leadership and advice to solve their reporting needs. You will keep promises and uphold our principle that “we are easy to work with”. Importantly, you will know how to work within a great team of very talented people who can support and mentor you.
Stuff we’ll trust you with:
- Be our go-to person for all Power BI, reporting and metrics requirements, both internally (at Sensei), and externally (with our clients).
- Evangelise the potential of Power BI and other reporting tools. Potentially, participate in and run local workshops in the Power BI community.
- Act as a technical consultant for report design and development needs within projects.
- Provide an excellent level of customer service to our clients, by providing them thought leadership and innovative solutions.
- Work collaboratively with other members of the national delivery team.
Sound interesting? Here’s the key skills set you’ll need to qualify:
- Previous consulting experience with Power BI.
- Strong SQL Server Reporting Service skills and experience.
- Experience with DAX and Query M.
- Superior interpersonal skills particularly in the area of client management and the ability to take ownership of client issues.
- Positive attitude and a willingness to develop your technical skills to progress your professional career.
- Desire to be a key part of a team, have some fun and take pride in your work and helping others
Highly Desirable – Skills, Knowledge and Experience:
- Microsoft certifications are highly desirable for this position.
- Tertiary qualifications are highly desirable for this position.
- Table-tennis skills; even if you don’t play – a willingness to give it a go!
Job Application Form
Please fill out the below details, and we will get back to you shortly!
Interested in applying? Here’s what we value:
- People trust you. When you are handed a problem, they feel confident that you will resolve it.
- You genuinely want to make a difference to the way our clients work, and you have a positive outlook on life.
- Perhaps you attend (or run) local user groups. In any case, you’re curious about how things work. You don’t pretend to know everything – and as a result, you are constantly learning.
- During your interview, you’ll be able to tell us the capital city of Bolivia 🙂
- You’re going to write an amazing cover letter for this role 🙂
… and here’s how we roll at Sensei:
- Structure the way you work using our flexible work arrangements.
- Be mentored and keep learning – grow your career – we want you to be with us for a long time.
- Transparency – we’re open about what’s happening in the company, where it’s going, how it’s performing.
- Stay Connected – BYOD policy, mobile allowances reimbursement program.
- We recognise that life is easier when cash flow is easy. That’s why we’ll pay you weekly – not fortnightly or monthly like other companies.
- Many other benefits, which can be made available via our Benefits Booklet during the recruitment process.
Now it’s time to do something about it! Go on, reach out and have an initial chat with us to learn more about the role and tackle any questions you may have to confirm Sensei is the right place for you and your talents.
At Sensei, we partner with clients to help them improve the way they work. We want our clients to be able to focus on the work that matters so they can achieve their individual and organisational goals. To do this, we focus on creating market leading digital solutions for work and project management that bridge the gap between industry standards and technology. We are known for our expertise, our approachable working style, and our leadership within the Microsoft productivity landscape. We are a profitable, growing, awesome place to work that everyone at Sensei is proud of. Things you should know about us before applying to join:
- We’re growing. You won’t be the “new person” for long 🙂
- We’re a friendly and fun bunch. We work hard.
- We have high expectations, but we’ll make sure we help you meet them.
- We are Microsoft Gold Partners and deeply connected to the Microsoft Product Community.