We’re looking for a hands-on, motivated Product Manager to take ownership of what we believe will be a future foundation piece for Sensei and be part of an ambitious plan within a fun and engaging environment. You’ll be able to make your mark by helping establish a formal discipline of Product Management within Sensei.
You will be a dynamic, self-directed B2B Product Management professional who has experience in taking a business-focussed software product “to the next level”. This role is responsible for planning and execution throughout the Product Lifecycle, including gathering and prioritising product and client requirements, helping define and refine the product vision, and working closely with Product Development, Sales, Marketing to ensure sales and client satisfaction goals are met.
Located anywhere within Australia, reporting to the Product Development Lead, with direct lines to the entire Sensei Leadership team, this appointment is business critical and will take a lead role in shaping the future growth trajectory of the organisation.
What your day may include:
- Strategy and Leadership
- Help set the long-term vision and strategy for Sensei’s products.
- Engage directly with the Sensei Leadership team, providing insights into product direction, usage and forecasts.
- Product Management
- Prioritise existing requirements and competing demands.
- Prioritise the product roadmap working alongside the Product Visionary.
- Map product requirements and product development programs; establish and manage time schedules with Product Development, Testing and Marketing teams.
- Remove roadblocks, as best as you can, for the team.
- Run team specific Agile ceremonies, such as the Sprint Plan and Sprint Review.
- Celebrate wins with the team.
- Product Marketing
- Assess competition by comparing in market offerings.
- Stay abreast of, and interpret, current market trends to assist with strategic development.
- Clients and Sales
- Interview clients directly (and indirectly through the field Sales and Marketing teams) to understand their needs better.
- Win market share by working with the Sales Director and sales team to develop product sales strategies.
- Help win new clients through supporting activities.
- Work with Sensei Leadership to determine product pricing by reviewing market research data, production, maintenance, and sales costs.
- Focus on the commercial realisation of all innovations and create a scalable technology and product portfolio that will in turn drive Sensei’s product profitability.
- Own our net promoter score (NPS) process, ensuring insights and trends are shared and actioned appropriately.
Sound interesting? Here’s the key skills you’ll need to qualify:
- Experience in a Product Management role in a tech, and preferably, SaaS business operating in the B2B space.
- A passion for driving product roadmaps, gathering and prioritising product requirements, interacting with clients to understand their needs, analysing market trends and business opportunities.
- Proven experience collaborating with high performance, multi-disciplinary teams.
- Extensive experience in agile development environments.
- Leadership skills – work closely with the Sensei Leadership team to drive the business forward.
- Project management domain experience.
- Ability to grasp and translate technical capabilities into user benefits.
- Confident and effective written and oral communications.
- Proactive, problem-solving skills.
- Effective time management skills and comfort juggling multiple projects.
- Ability to discern data-rich insights.
- Self-starter – you’re able to quickly identify key priorities and drive towards delivering tangible outcomes.
Interested in applying? Here’s what we value:
- You are a natural leader who can rally teams of all kinds and influence and work with a wide range of stakeholders.
- You genuinely think you can make a difference to the way our clients work, and you have a positive outlook on life.
- You’re not afraid of hard work. Curly challenges. Sometimes inconvenient hours.
- People trust you. You have the ability to be handed a problem and feel confident that you can resolve it.
- You’re comfortable with change.
- During your interview, you’ll be able to tell us the capital city of Bolivia
- You’re going to write an amazing cover letter for this role.
- You get a kick out of coaching, mentoring and enabling an amazing dev team.
Job Application Form
Please fill out the below details, and we will get back to you shortly!
… and here’s how we roll at Sensei:
- Structure the way you work using our flexible work arrangements.
- We recognise that life is easier when cash flow is easy. That’s why we’ll pay you weekly – not fortnightly or monthly like other companies.
- We’ll help you support your family – get up to 4 months Paid Parental Leave at full salary for primary carer (not including government-funded parental leave).
- Be mentored and keep learning – grow your career – we want you to be with us for a long time.
- Transparency – we’re open about what’s happening in the company, where it’s going, how it’s performing.
- Stay Connected – BYOD policy, mobile allowances reimbursement program.
- Get lots of extra goodies like food, drink, discounts and more.
Now it’s time to do something about it! Go on, reach out and have an initial chat with us to learn more about the role and tackle any questions you may have to confirm Sensei is the right place for you and your talents.
At Sensei Project Solutions we partner with clients to help them improve the way they work. We want our clients to be able to focus on the work that matters so they can achieve their individual and organisational goals. To do this, we focus on creating market leading digital solutions for work and project management that bridge the gap between industry standards and technology. We are known for our expertise, our approachable working style, and our leadership within the Microsoft productivity landscape. We are a profitable, growing, awesome place to work that everyone at Sensei is proud of. Things you should know about us before applying to join:
- We’re growing. You won’t be the “new person” for long
- We’re a friendly and fun bunch. We work hard.
- We have high expectations, but we’ll make sure we help you meet them.
- We are a Microsoft Gold Partner and deeply connected to the Microsoft Product Community.