NSW Delivery Manager
Stuff we’ll trust you with
• Manage projects and lead customer engagements for Sydney and strategic national customers where required.
• Demonstrate project and customer leadership experience. Be on the front foot with customers and take a deliberate and dedicated approach to understanding their business problems.
• Demonstrate strong PPM knowledge, passion and enthusiasm to learn more.
• Take a proactive approach to Customer projects – owning all communication and engagement with a customer from sign-off through to close out.
• Work with internal stakeholders to effectively manage resources on all customer engagements.
o Have an eye on upcoming resource requirements and communicate with team members weekly on anticipated resourcing
• Provide weekly project status reports to customers.
• Follow internal project management methodologies, while suggesting potential areas for improvement.
• Regularly interact with customers to understand their concerns, feedback and satisfaction levels.
• Operate with profitability of engagements as a key focal area.
• Ensure that engagement outcomes are successfully achieved.
• Become a trusted advisor for our Sydney-based clients, and those based in other strategic locations as well.
• Manage the Sydney delivery team
o Own the local, state-based strategy, taking into consideration sales, delivery, personnel, financial targets, national strategy initiatives and the Sensei values.
o Meet with all team members regularly to engage them in discussions around the whole of team performance.
Performance manage team members as required.
Meet with individuals on at least a monthly basis to address specific concerns.
Perform induction responsibilities for new team members.
Escalate any people issues or concerns through line management hierarchy or to HR Manager or CEO.
o Ensure the team achieves budget profitability targets.
Understand how targets can be achieved and drive all actions within the region to achieve them.
o Execute on all office management tasks as needed or directed.
o Organise / coordinate social events for staff.
o Make and communicate decision(s) to hire based on budget, demand, input from the leadership team and HR.
Actively participate in interview cycle when required.
o Work with employees within their respective teams to ensure they remain happy in their current roles.
o Build a sense of mutual respect amongst team members.
The purpose of this position is to ensure delivery excellence across the state and aim to make Sensei an awesome place to work. The NSW Delivery Manager has final accountability for the profitability and stability of their branch; this is achieved through a variety of delivery-based initiatives, people management, resource and project coordination / management, and customer satisfaction. The Delivery Manager is ultimately responsible for ensuring their branch is as well positioned as possible to provide outstanding customer experiences.
It is anticipated that this role will be part-ownership of customer engagements, and part-management of the Sydney delivery team. For that reason, you’ll need to have impeccable time management and organisation skills, and the ability to prioritise effectively.
We are looking to grow our Sydney team over the next 2 years; this role will be a key part of that.
Check out what we have to offer:
- Own the way you work with flexible work arrangements.
- We recognise that life is easier when cash flow is easy. That’s why we’ll pay you weekly – not fortnightly or monthly like other companies.
- We’ll help with you support your family – get up to 4 months Paid Parental Leave at full salary for primary carer (not including government-funded parental leave).
- Be mentored – grow your career – we want you to be with us for a long time.
- Transparency – we’re open about what’s happening in the company, where it’s going, how it’s performing.
- Stay Connected – BYOD policy, mobile allowances reimbursement program.
- Keep Learning – training opportunities and reimbursement.
- Sustenance! Free breakfast provisions, fruit, juice, beer, wine, coffee, tea, soft drink, beer, chips, beer…did we mention beer?
- Stay engaged – work alongside amazing people and contribute to the company culture.
It’s important for you to feel that this is the right job for you. We want you for both a long time and a good time, so choose wisely! Here’s some things you’ll need to bring to the role:
- You’re a natural leader – people look to you for inspiration and direction.
- You can have tough conversations, both with clients and with staff members.
- You genuinely think you can make a difference to the way our customers work, and you have a positive outlook on life.
- You’re not afraid of hard work. Curly challenges. Sometimes inconvenient hours.
- People like you. Seriously, this is an important part of the role – you need to connect and build a rapport with people quickly.
- People trust you. You have the ability to be handed a problem and feel confident that you can resolve it.
- You’re comfortable with change.
- You’re going to write an amazing cover letter for this role 🙂
Skills, Knowledge and Experience:
Ideally, you’ll have these skills when applying for this job:
- Previous end-to-end, project management experience.
- Previous experience leading a team, preferably in an IT context.
- Professionally presented with proven interpersonal skills particular in the area of client engagement and people management.
- Excellent analytical skills in order to produce high quality business requirements, documents and functional specifications.
- A sound understanding of how to build client relationships and create solutions tailored to client business and technical drivers.
- Demonstrated ability to problem solve and influence outcomes.
- Commercial business acumen with an intimate knowledge of business process.
- Strategic thinker with the ability to align technology with the business objectives and organisational drivers.
- Strong time management skills with the ability to manage multiple projects and competing client demands.
- Sufficient level of technical knowledge of Microsoft applications such as SharePoint, Project Online/Server, Office 365 and familiarity with project management tools. Knowing that the ideal consultant will possess a detailed level of technical product knowledge to truly provide our clients with a series of well thought out solution designs.
Highly Desirable – Skills, Knowledge and Experience:
- Experience working with Microsoft applications including SharePoint, PowerBI, Dynamics, Office365, or others.
- Tertiary qualifications and Microsoft Certifications are highly desirable for this position.
- Table-tennis skills.
- If this sounds like you, we strongly encourage you to apply!
Sensei Project Solutions (“Sensei”) is a specialist technology company that helps clients achieve better project and productivity outcomes. Our vision is to evolve the productivity and improve the business of every customer we engage with. We are known for our expertise and are a leader within the Microsoft productivity landscape. We are a profitable, growing, awesome place to work that everyone at Sensei is proud of. Things you should know about us before applying to join:
- We’re growing. You won’t be the “new person” for long 🙂
- We’re a friendly and fun bunch. We work hard.
- We have high expectations, but we’ll make sure we help you meet them.
You can find out more about us on our website – http://www.sensei.cloud/