Microsoft Senior Developer / Architect
Stuff we’ll trust you with:
- Work on billable engagements for clients, providing exceptional customer service.
- Be a go-to person for technical delivery in NSW.
- Providing solution architecture services for new engagements.
- Be a thought leader for customers on Microsoft Productivity technical solutions;
Give suggestions, advice and guidance on how to best use and implement technology solutions.
- Stay ahead of the technology curve and provide insights into upcoming technologies or solutions that may benefit customers or our strategic direction.
- Be a leader in our team;
Be a passionate expert in something.
- As the team grows, evangelise and mentor development practices. Be prepared to roll-up-your-sleeves.
- Work collaboratively with other members of Sensei and provide visibility on your progress to stakeholders (internal and external).
- Take ownership of the technical solution on projects, and sometimes the whole project. You’ll need to be accountable and responsible for delivering outcomes to customers, making decisions that affect the entire business and communicating independently on our behalf with customers, Microsoft and other partners.
- Provide presales support where required.
- Check in your code, document it, have a quality focus, help build on Sensei standards, don’t build shiny stuff just for the sake of it, etc.
You’ll be joining a tight-knit local team, and we expect you to dive in, feet first, and own a lot of the really hard technical stuff we need to do on customer engagements. We are growing rapidly around the country, so you will need to want to help us, and yourself, grow. You will own the big picture and architecture for solutions, making sure that an elegant and appropriate solution is well designed, setting up the people who build it, including yourself, for success. The role will encompass all aspects of consulting and offer a great deal of variety – you will probably need to regularly determine priorities, technologies, problems and manage different stakeholders all at once. However, using your awesome dev skills and strong communication skills, you will provide the highest level of customer service, keep promises and uphold one of our values that “we are easy to work with”. You will also have an opinion however, and know when it is the right time to say “No, that’s not a good idea” to a customer (or someone else within Sensei). We will probably throw some really curly problems at you, and you’re going to be happy solving them.
The ideal candidate would be experienced in delivering high quality solutions to customers with a proven technical understanding in Microsoft Productivity technologies; specifically, all things Azure, Office365, SharePoint, Project Online, Planner, PowerApps (yes, we know this isn’t really development), Flow (nor this one), TypeScript, SSRS/PowerBI and all the other cutting edge Microsoft technologies (for example, ML and Bots!). This role requires a well-rounded professional with a focus on customer satisfaction, excellent communication skills and a thirst for knowing the technical ins and outs of the solutions we provide to our customers.
Check out what we have to offer
- Own the way you work with flexible work arrangements.
- We recognise that life is easier when cash flow is easy. That’s why we’ll pay you weekly – not fortnightly or monthly like other companies.
- We’ll help with you support your family – get up to 4 months Paid Parental Leave at full salary for primary carer (not including government-funded parental leave).
- Be mentored – grow your career – we want you to be with us for a long time.
- Transparency – we’re open about what’s happening in the company, where it’s going, how it’s performing.
- Stay Connected – BYOD policy, mobile allowances reimbursement program.
- Keep Learning – training opportunities and reimbursement.
- Sustenance! Free breakfast provisions, fruit, juice, beer, wine, coffee, tea, soft drink, beer, chips, beer…did we mention beer?
- Stay engaged – work alongside amazing people and contribute to the company culture.
It’s important for you to feel that this is the right job for you. We want you for both a long time and a good time, so choose wisely! Here’s some things you’ll need to bring to the role:
- You genuinely think you can make a difference to the way our customers work, and you have a positive outlook on life.
- You’re not afraid of hard work. Curly challenges. Sometimes inconvenient hours.
- Perhaps you attend (or run) local user groups. In any case, you’re curious about how things work. You don’t pretend to know everything – and as a result, you are constantly learning.
- People like you. Seriously, this is an important part of the role – you need to connect and build a rapport with people quickly.
- People trust you. You have the ability to be handed a problem and feel confident that you can resolve it.
- You feel equally comfortable leading a presales effort as you do face-to-face with a client.
- You’re comfortable with change.
- You’re going to write an amazing cover letter for this role 🙂
Skills, Knowledge and Experience
Ideally, you’ll have these skills when applying for this job:
- The ability to design a holistic solution.
- Previous proven technical know-how with Azure, Office365, SharePoint or Microsoft Project Server/Online experience, preferably coming from a professional consulting firm or similar position.
- Excellent analytical skills in order to produce and interpret high quality business requirements, documents and functional specifications.
- Demonstrated ability to problem solve and influence outcomes.
- Superior interpersonal skills particularly in client management and the ability to take ownership of problems.
- Desire to be a key part of a team, have some fun and take pride in your work and helping others.
- Commercial business acumen.
- Strong time management with the ability to manage multiple projects and competing client demands.
- Sound judgement.
- Sufficient level of technical knowledge of other Microsoft applications and familiarity with project management tools.
Highly Desirable – Skills, Knowledge and Experience
- Experience working with Windows Server Technology and Microsoft SharePoint Server.
- Capability and passion to architect solutions with Azure components.
- Critical eye towards security, and understanding of the new world of OAuth and Cloud services.
- Write .NET code that works both effectively and efficiently.
- Old-school SQL optimisation skills that has a real $$$ impact today.
- Attention to detail and an appreciation of the maintainability of a solution as well as its technical prowess.
- Tertiary qualifications and Microsoft Certifications are highly desirable for this position.
- Table-tennis skills.
- If this sounds like you, we strongly encourage you to apply!
Sensei Project Solutions (“Sensei”) is a specialist technology company that helps clients achieve better project and productivity outcomes. Our vision is to evolve the productivity and improve the business of every customer we engage with. We are known for our expertise and are a leader within the Microsoft productivity landscape. We are a profitable, growing, awesome place to work that everyone at Sensei is proud of. Things you should know about us before applying to join:
- We’re growing. You won’t be the “new person” for long 🙂
- We’re a friendly and fun bunch. We work hard.
- We have high expectations, but we’ll make sure we help you meet them.
You can find out more about us on our website – http://www.sensei.cloud/