Microsoft Senior Developer
What is easy to spot, but hard to find? (scroll down for the answer…)
Stuff we’ll trust you with
- Execute on delivery requirements as per direction from State Managers and Project Managers.
- Work with a variety of different clients concurrently across numerous projects and have the flexibility to move between projects based on changing demands and deadlines.
- Engage with clients in person to understand their business requirements and interpret these into technical solutions which align with the client’s business objectives.
- Provide technical advice and guidance to clients and have the ability to effectively talk through technical issues to non-technical people.
- Provide advice on technical aspects of solution development and integration (including requests for changes, deviations from specifications, etc.) and ensure that relevant technical strategies, policies, standards and practices are applied correctly.
- Development of custom solutions for our clients, utilising a variety of programming languages, including PowerShell, SQL, SSRS, .Net and others.
- Bring experience with moving information between systems, and using tools such as ShareGate, Fluentbooks etc.
- Utilise experience in cloud-based solutions, to potentially become our local SME in the cloud-space.
- Assist with software configuration components, development activities and/or integration interfaces required to deliver solutions for our clients.
- Configure, test, diagnose/debug and fix issues related to the solution implementation.
- Provide supporting services to our clients and assist our support team on occasions where escalated support calls require this particular expertise.
- Act professionally and effectively to represent the Company.
- Build and maintain effective and constructive relationships with our clients, partners and staff.
You’ll be joining a tight-knit local team, and we expect you to dive in, feet first, and own a lot of the really hard technical stuff we need to do on customer engagements. The purpose of this position is to execute on client engagements alongside the delivery team of Sensei. The Development Consultant brings with them a history of consultancy experience, appropriate certifications and other training, problem solving techniques, organisational and time management skills. The Consultant will have one eye on their own personal utilisation, aiming for maximum engagement with client work at all times, while also seeking out appropriate professional development opportunities.
The ideal candidate would be experienced in delivering high quality solutions to clients with a proven technical understanding in Microsoft development and platforms, including SharePoint, Project Server/Online, Office 365 and PowerBI. It requires a well-rounded professional with a focus on customer satisfaction, excellent communication skills and thirst of knowing the technical ins and outs of the products we provide to our clients.
Check out what we have to offer
- Own the way you work with flexible work arrangements.
- We recognise that life is easier when cash flow is easy. That’s why we’ll pay you weekly – not fortnightly or monthly like other companies.
- We’ll help with you support your family – get up to 4 months Paid Parental Leave at full salary for primary carer (not including government-funded parental leave).
- Be mentored – grow your career – we want you to be with us for a long time.
- Transparency – we’re open about what’s happening in the company, where it’s going, how it’s performing.
- Stay Connected – BYOD policy, mobile allowances reimbursement program.
- Keep Learning – training opportunities and reimbursement.
- Sustenance! Free breakfast provisions, fruit, juice, beer, wine, coffee, tea, soft drink, beer, chips, beer…did we mention beer?
- Stay engaged – work alongside amazing people and contribute to the company culture.
It’s important for you to feel that this is the right job for you. We want you for both a long time and a good time! Here’s some things you’ll need to bring to the role;
- You genuinely think you can make a difference to the way our customers work, and you have a positive outlook on life.
- You’re not afraid of hard work. Curly challenges. Sometimes inconvenient hours.
- Perhaps you attend (or run) local user groups. In any case, you’re curious about how things work. You don’t pretend to know everything – and as a result, you are constantly learning.
- People like you. Seriously, this is an important part of the role – you need to connect and build a rapport with people quickly.
- People trust you. You have the ability to be handed a problem and feel confident that you can resolve it.
- You feel equally comfortable leading a presales effort as you do face-to-face with a client,
- You’re comfortable with change.
- You’re going to write an amazing cover letter for this role 🙂
Skills, Knowledge and Experience
Ideally, you’ll have these skills when applying for this job;
- Professionally presented with proven interpersonal skills particular in the area of client engagement.
- Excellent analytical skills in order to produce high quality business requirements, documents and functional specifications.
- A sound understanding of how to create solutions tailored to client business and technical drivers.
- Commercial business acumen with an intimate knowledge of business processes.
- Strategic thinker with the ability to align technology with the business objectives and organisational drivers.
- Strong time management with the ability to manage multiple projects and competing client demands.
- Experience delivering solutions in cloud-based environments. Familiarity with Azure administration and development.
- Sufficient level of technical knowledge of Microsoft applications such as SharePoint, Project Online/Server, Office 365 and familiarity with project management tools. Knowing that the ideal consultant will possess a detailed level of technical product knowledge to truly provide our clients with a series of well thought out solution designs.
- Possess an understanding of project management and financial management principles to be able to understand the language our clients use.
- Understanding and willingness to learn out of the box SharePoint and Project Server/Online related technologies. For example:
- Have a drive to learn all there is to know about the out of the box solutions we utilise and use this knowledge when translating client requirements into business solutions.
- Develop simple project demand workflows in SharePoint designer 2013
- Power BI and Excel reports as it relates to OData.
- SSRS reports and SQL queries
The accountabilities as specified above may be altered in accordance with the changing requirements of the position.
Highly Desirable – Skills, Knowledge and Experience
- Experience working with Windows Server Technology and Microsoft SharePoint Server.
- Attention to detail and an appreciation of the maintainability of a solution as well as its technical prowess.
- Tertiary qualifications and Microsoft Certifications are highly desirable for this position.
- Table-tennis skills
If this sounds like you, we strongly encourage you to apply!
Sensei Project Solutions (“Sensei”) is a specialist technology company that helps clients achieve better project and productivity outcomes. Our vision is to evolve the productivity and improve the business of every customer we engage with. We are known for our expertise and are a leader within the Microsoft productivity landscape. We are a profitable, growing, awesome place to work that everyone at Sensei is proud of. Things you should know about us before applying to join;
- We’re growing. You won’t be the “new person” for long 🙂
- We’re a friendly and fun bunch. We work hard.
- We have high expectations, but we’ll make sure we help you meet them.
If you scrolled down to find the answer, we hope the answer is you: ‘Talent’.