Microsoft PPM Consultant
Stuff we’ll trust you with:
- Execute a variety of presales, delivery, customer leadership, and project management initiatives.
- Bring a strong IT consultancy background, preferably within a professional services vendor environment.
- Ownership of engagements, from presales and estimation, through to delivery and execution, and finally close-out and handover (where required).
- Contributes to strategy, direction and growth of the NSW branch of Sensei.
- Engage with clients in person to understand their business requirements and interpret these into technical solutions which align with the client’s business objectives.
- Facilitate workshops and requirement gathering sessions and translate this information into relevant documentation.
- Perform product demonstrations to clients and assist with presales activities to help our sales team close deals.
- Provide technical advice and guidance to clients and have the ability to effectively talk through technical issues to non-technical people.
- Work with a variety of different clients concurrently across numerous projects and have the flexibility to move between projects based on changing demands and deadlines.
- Act professionally and effectively to represent Sensei externally.
- Build and maintain effective and constructive relationships with our clients, partners and staff.
The purpose of this position is to be the liaison between our clients and our internal technical teams regarding our Project and Portfolio management (PPM) software solutions. The successful candidate will be responsible for engaging with clients to understand their project management process and capture requirements in order to design and configure a Project and Portfolio Management solution to meet their business objectives. This position will have a focus on helping our clients configure, implement and integrate technology solutions into their business environments. The ideal candidate would be experienced in delivering high quality solutions to clients with a proven technical understanding ideally in SharePoint, Project Server/Online and Office 365. It requires a well-rounded professional with a focus on customer satisfaction, excellent communication skills and thirst of knowing the technical ins and outs of the products we provide to our clients.
Check out what we have to offer:
- Own the way you work with flexible work arrangements.
- We recognise that life is easier when cash flow is easy. That’s why we’ll pay you weekly – not fortnightly or monthly like other companies.
- We’ll help with you support your family – get up to 4 months Paid Parental Leave at full salary for primary carer (not including government-funded parental leave).
- Be mentored – grow your career – we want you to be with us for a long time.
- Transparency – we’re open about what’s happening in the company, where it’s going, how it’s performing.
- Stay Connected – BYOD policy, mobile allowances reimbursement program.
- Keep Learning – training opportunities and reimbursement.
- Sustenance! Free breakfast provisions, fruit, juice, beer, wine, coffee, tea, soft drink, beer, chips, beer…did we mention beer?
- Stay engaged – work alongside amazing people and contribute to the company culture.
It’s important for you to feel that this is the right job for you. We want you for both a long time and a good time, so choose wisely! Here’s some things you’ll need to bring to the role:
- You genuinely think you can make a difference to the way our customers work, and you have a positive outlook on life.
- You’re not afraid of hard work. Curly challenges. Sometimes inconvenient hours.
- Perhaps you attend (or run) local user groups. In any case, you’re curious about how things work. You don’t pretend to know everything – and as a result, you are constantly learning.
- People like you. Seriously, this is an important part of the role – you need to connect and build a rapport with people quickly.
- People trust you. You have the ability to be handed a problem and feel confident that you can resolve it.
- You feel equally comfortable leading a presales effort as you do face-to-face with a client.
- You’re comfortable with change.
- You’re going to write an amazing cover letter for this role 🙂
Skills, Knowledge and Experience:
Ideally, you’ll have these skills when applying for this job:
- Professionally presented with proven interpersonal skills particular in the area of client engagement.
- Excellent analytical skills in order to produce high quality business requirements, documents and functional specifications.
- A sound understanding of how to build client relationships and create solutions tailored to client business and technical drivers.
- Demonstrated ability to problem solve and influence outcomes.
- Strategic thinker with the ability to align technology with the business objectives and organisational drivers.
- Strong time management with the ability to manage multiple projects and competing client demands.
- Sound judgement and the ability to articulate client values and requirements.
- Sufficient level of technical knowledge of Microsoft applications such as SharePoint, Project Online/Server, Office 365 and familiarity with project management tools. Knowing that the ideal consultant will possess a detailed level of technical product knowledge to truly provide our clients with a series of well thought out solution designs.
- Possess an understanding of project management and financial management principles to be able to understand the language our clients use.
- The accountabilities as specified above maybe altered in accordance with the changing requirements of the position.
Highly Desirable – Skills, Knowledge and Experience:
- Experience working with Microsoft applications including SharePoint, PowerBI, Dynamics, Office365, or others.
- Attention to detail and an appreciation of the maintainability of a solution as well as its technical prowess.
- Tertiary qualifications and Microsoft Certifications are highly desirable for this position.
- Table-tennis skills.
If this sounds like you, we strongly encourage you to apply!
Sensei Project Solutions (“Sensei”) is a specialist technology company that helps clients achieve better project and productivity outcomes. Our vision is to evolve the productivity and improve the business of every customer we engage with. We are known for our expertise and are a leader within the Microsoft productivity landscape. We are a profitable, growing, awesome place to work that everyone at Sensei is proud of. Things you should know about us before applying to join:
- We’re growing. You won’t be the “new person” for long 🙂
- We’re a friendly and fun bunch. We work hard.
- We have high expectations, but we’ll make sure we help you meet them.
You can find out more about us on our website – http://www.sensei.cloud/