Sensei has three main ways that we support value delivery to clients; Consulting (client projects), Product Development (IP and software products that we develop) and Client Care (ongoing support). This role is part of the Product Development team. The Senior Product Developer is a key technical member of Sensei, with a deep level of development experience and an aptitude for conceiving, designing and creating new technical solutions. Under the guidance of the Product Development Lead, the Senior Product Developer will ensure Sensei maintains a competitive advantage through the products and solutions we can develop and offer to clients. This role also acts as a key escalation point for technical queries both internally for our delivery / Client Care teams, and externally for our clients. This role is not for a lone wolf; it’s a crucial part of a smart and collaborative team doing very challenging things.
What your day might include:
- Contribute to the development of technical solutions and software products offered by Sensei.
- Design, code, document, test, and deploy cloud-based applications for client subscription.
- Provide best practice development skills and knowledge across a wide range of programming languages.
- Share development skills and knowledge with the rest of the team as required.
- Be available to review and respond to solutions submitted by team members and maintain a standard to review against.
- Ensure systems are developed within agreed budgets and timeframes and achieve necessary design and systems security standards.
- Participate in the Agile software development approach of the Product Development team, including daily stand-ups, backlog allocation, sprint reviews and retrospectives.
- Deliver part of the Product Development strategy and provide constructive feedback and subject matter expertise to the overall strategy.
- Maintain current systems/applications to ensure they remain free from errors, are kept up to date with changing technologies and align with Sensei strategy.
- Provide key insights to emerging technologies and how these could contribute to the development of new solutions (or enhancement of existing ones).
- Identify and provide information on protecting IP, assist in designing and undertaking specific technical protection activities within Product Development Identify ways to re-use IP and improve efficiency within the technical team.
- Perform product demonstrations of new and improved solutions to internal stakeholders.
- Act professionally and effectively to represent Sensei.
- Participate in a range of administrative, sales, marketing and other functions of the business.
The accountabilities as specified above maybe altered in accordance with the changing requirements of the position.
Sound interesting? Here's the key skills you'll need to qualify:
- Tertiary qualifications in Computer Science or comparable discipline.
- Bring a strong IT background, preferably within a professional services vendor environment.
- Microsoft Certifications (Azure management exams, O365 exams, Power Platform M200 / M400 and Project exams) are highly desirable for this position.
- Strong, passionate knowledge of the Microsoft stack, including the Power Platform, Teams, SharePoint, Project Online/Server, Office 365 and familiarity with project management tools.
- 5 to 15 years experience working in a similar role.
- Strong software development skills, within a Microsoft framework (languages to include .Net, C# and SQL).
- Azure DevOps, pipeline build and release strategies.
- Reporting and BI capabilities and knowledge, specifically within the Microsoft stack.
- Understanding of classical Computer Science principles.
- Excellent analytical skills in order to produce high quality solutions, documents and technical specifications.
- A sound understanding of how to create solutions tailored to client business and technical drivers.
- Demonstrated ability to problem solve.
- Strategic thinker with the ability to align technology with business objectives and organisational drivers.
- Strong time management with the ability to manage multiple projects and competing client demands.
- Possess an understanding of project management and financial management principles to be able to understand the language our clients use.
Highly Desirable – Skills, Knowledge and Experience:
- Working understanding of TCP UDP v4/6.
- Deep understanding of T-SQL and SQL Azure.
- Dynamics development experience in an ISV setting.
- Practical machine learning experience.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Attention to detail and an appreciation of the maintainability of a solution as well as its technical prowess.
Interested in applying? Here's what we value:
- You genuinely want to make a difference to the way our clients work, and you have a positive outlook on life.
- You’re not afraid of hard work. Curly challenges. Sometimes inconvenient hours.
- Perhaps you attend (or run) local user groups. In any case, you’re curious about how things work. You don’t pretend to know everything – and as a result, you are constantly learning.
- People trust you. When you are handed a problem, they feel confident that you will resolve it.
- You’re comfortable with change.
- During your interview, you’ll be able to tell us the capital city of Bolivia 🙂
- You’re going to write an amazing cover letter for this role.
... and here's how we roll at Sensei:
- Influence the way you work with flexible work arrangements.
- We recognise that life is easier when cash flow is easy. That’s why we’ll pay you weekly – not fortnightly or monthly like other companies.
- We’ll help you support your family – get up to 4 months Paid Parental Leave at full salary for primary carer (not including government-funded parental leave).
- Be mentored and keep learning – grow your career – we want you to be with us for a long time.
- Transparency – we’re open about what’s happening in the company, where it’s going, how it’s performing.
- Stay Connected – BYOD policy, mobile allowances reimbursement program.
- Get lots of extra goodies like food, drink, discounts and more.
Now it’s time to do something about it! Go on, reach out and have an initial chat with us to learn more about the role and tackle any questions you may have to confirm Sensei is the right place for you and your talents.
At Sensei Project Solutions we partner with clients to help them improve the way they work. We want our clients to be able to focus on the work that matters so they can achieve their individual and organisational goals. To do this, our focus is on creating market leading digital solutions for work and project management that bridge the gap between industry standards and technology. We are known for our expertise, our approachable working style and our leadership within the Microsoft productivity landscape. We are a profitable, growing, awesome place to work that everyone at Sensei is proud of. Things you should know about us before applying to join:
- We’re growing. You won’t be the “new person” for long 🙂
- We’re a friendly and fun bunch. We work hard.
- We have high expectations, but we’ll make sure we help you meet them.
- We are a Microsoft Gold Partner and deeply connected to the Microsoft Product Community.