Sensei has three main ways that we support value delivery to clients; Consulting (client projects), Product Development (IP and software products that we develop) and Client Care (ongoing support). This role is part of the Consulting team. The Junior Developer will be a key technical member of Sensei, with a base level of development experience and an aptitude for conceiving, designing and creating new technical solutions. Indeed, this role will be one of the foundation members of a brand-new Delivery Development function to contribute to the success of our Consulting team nationally. Under the guidance of the senior Sensei team members, the Junior Developer will ensure Sensei delivers quality solutions to our clients, not only those based in Victoria, but to clients around Australia, and around the world. You will grow your own career and technical capability, while helping Sensei (and thereby our clients) to grow as well. This role is not for a lone wolf; it’s a crucial part of a collaborative team doing very challenging things.
What your day may include:
- Work on billable client engagements, contributing to the development of strong technical solutions as per client’s business requirements.
- Deploy our in-house technical solutions onto client environments. Assist with the technical readiness and understanding of the solution by our clients.
- Undertake R&D activities, including research, experimentation, collaboration, documentation, knowledge sharing.
- Contribute to the success and direction of Sensei.
- Act professionally and effectively to represent Sensei.
- Participate in a range of administrative, training, marketing and other functions of the business.
The accountabilities as specified above maybe altered in accordance with the changing requirements of the position.
Sound interesting? Here's the key skills you'll need to qualify:
- Tertiary qualifications in Computer Science or comparable discipline.
- Microsoft Certifications are highly desirable for this position.
- 1-4 years experience working in a similar role.
- Software development skills, within a Microsoft framework (languages to include .Net, C# and SQL).
- Excellent analytical skills in order to produce high quality solutions, documents and technical specifications.
- Passionate knowledge and keenness to learn more about the Microsoft stack, including the Power Platform, Teams, SharePoint, Project Online/Server, Office 365 and familiarity with project management tools.
- Demonstrated ability to problem solve.
- Strategic thinker with the ability to align technology with the business objectives and organisational drivers.
- Strong time management with the ability to manage multiple projects and competing client demands.
Highly Desirable - Skills, Knowledge and Experience:
- Reporting and BI capabilities or knowledge, specifically within the Microsoft stack.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Attention to detail and an appreciation of the maintainability of a solution as well as its technical prowess.
- Table tennis skills; even if you don’t play, a willingness to give it a go!
Interested in applying? Here's what we value:
- You genuinely want to make a difference to the way our clients work, and you have a positive outlook on life.
- You’re not afraid of hard work. Curly challenges. Sometimes inconvenient hours.
- Perhaps you attend (or run) local user groups. In any case, you’re curious about how things work. You don’t pretend to know everything – and as a result, you are constantly learning.
- People trust you. When you are handed a problem, they feel confident that you will resolve it.
- You’re comfortable with change.
- During your interview, you’ll be able to tell us the capital city of Bolivia 🙂
- You’re going to write an amazing cover letter for this role.
... and here's how we roll at Sensei:
- Influence the way you work with flexible work arrangements.
- We recognise that life is easier when cash flow is easy. That’s why we’ll pay you weekly – not fortnightly or monthly like other companies.
- We’ll help you support your family – get up to 4 months Paid Parental Leave at full salary for primary carer (not including government-funded parental leave).
- Be mentored and keep learning – grow your career – we want you to be with us for a long time.
- Transparency – we’re open about what’s happening in the company, where it’s going, how it’s performing.
- Stay Connected – BYOD policy, mobile allowances reimbursement program.
- Get lots of extra goodies like food, drink, discounts and more
Now it’s time to do something about it! Go on, reach out and have an initial chat with us to learn more about the role and tackle any questions you may have to confirm Sensei is the right place for you and your talents.
At Sensei we partner with clients to help them improve the way they work. We want our clients to be able to focus on the work that matters so they can achieve their individual and organisational goals. To do this, we focus on creating market leading digital solutions for work and project management that bridge the gap between industry standards and technology. We are known for our expertise, our approachable working style, and our leadership within the Microsoft productivity landscape. We are a profitable, growing, awesome place to work that everyone at Sensei is proud of. Things you should know about us before applying to join:
- We’re growing. You won’t be the “new person” for long 🙂
- We’re a friendly and fun bunch. We work hard.
- We have high expectations, but we’ll make sure we help you meet them.
- We are Microsoft Gold Partners and deeply connected to the Microsoft Product Community.