Are you able to create magic where others see only “data”? Can you “wow” a customer with impressive visual insights? Do you live to improve the way people understand their businesses and make real differences to the way in which organisations are managed and run?
Working in a local team, you will contribute to the development, direction and growth of our Consulting / Services business. We work in a collaborative environment, working with many different organisations to evolve their productivity when it comes to business intelligence and reporting. This role offers significant variety where you will participate primarily in a report development capacity for our clients using Office 365, Project For The Web, Project Online, and Project Server environments. You will have knowledge in various areas of report development, particularly focused on the Microsoft Business Intelligence Stack (such as PowerBI, SSRS and other .NET technologies) and ideally have experience partnering with external clients to provide leadership and advice to solve their reporting needs. You will keep promises and uphold our principle that “we are easy to work with”. Importantly, you will know how to work within a great team of very talented people who can support and mentor you.
Stuff we'll trust you with;
- Act as a technical consultant for report design and development needs within projects.
- Provide an excellent level of customer service to our clients, by providing them thought leadership and innovative solutions.
- Work collaboratively with other members of the national delivery team.
- Be our go-to person for all PowerBI, reporting and metrics requirements, both internally (at Sensei), and externally (with our clients).
- Evangelise the potential of PowerBI and other reporting tools. Potentially, participate in and run local workshops in the PowerBI community.
- Potentially take on intra-state and interstate travel to our nationwide pool of customers.
Check out what we have to offer:
- Own the way you work with flexible work arrangements.
- We recognise that life is easier when cash flow is easy. That’s why we’ll pay you weekly – not fortnightly or monthly like other companies.
- We’ll help with you support your family – get up to 4 months Paid Parental Leave at full salary for primary carer (not including government-funded parental leave).
- Be mentored – grow your career – we want you to be with us for a long time.
- Transparency – we’re open about what’s happening in the company, where it’s going, how it’s performing.
- Stay Connected – BYOD policy, mobile allowances reimbursement program.
- Keep Learning – training opportunities and reimbursement.
- Sustenance! Free breakfast provisions, fruit, juice, beer, wine, coffee, tea, soft drink, beer, chips, beer…did we mention beer?
- Stay engaged – work alongside amazing people and contribute to the company culture.
It’s important for you to feel that this is the right job for you. We want you for a long time and a good time, so choose wisely! Here’s some things you’ll need to bring to the role;
- People like you. Seriously, this is an important part of the role – you need to connect and build a rapport with people quickly.
- You are a superb listener.
- You are extremely patient with people.
- You’re not afraid of hard work. Curly challenges. Sometimes inconvenient hours.
- You comfortable with change, in fact you’re buddies.
- Your cover letter for this role will be amazing 🙂
Skills, Knowledge & Experience
Ideally, you’ll have these skills when applying for this job:
- Previous experience in report development, using Microsoft reporting tools and technologies
- Strong SQL Reporting Service skills and experience.
- Experience with DAX and Query M.
- Working understanding of REST API.
- Demonstrated experience in consulting and project solutions
- Superior interpersonal skills particularly in the area of client management and the ability to take ownership of client issues.
- Positive attitude and a willingness to develop your technical skills to progress your professional career.
- Desire to be a key part of a team, have some fun and take pride in your work and helping others
- Previous experience in Microsoft SharePoint Administration and Configuration.
- Experience working with writing SQL queries
- Prioritisation skills – being able to jump from one project to another and manage your own time effectively is a must.
Highly Desirable - Skills, Knowledge and Experience
- Previous consulting experience with PowerBI
- Previous experience in Project Server/Online or Microsoft Project.
- Previous experience in Office 365.
- Microsoft certifications are highly desirable for this position.
- Tertiary qualifications and Microsoft Certifications are highly desirable for this position.
- Table-tennis skills.
Sensei Project Solutions (“Sensei”) is a specialist technology company that helps clients achieve better project and productivity outcomes. Our vision is to evolve the productivity and improve the business of every customer we engage with. We are known for our expertise and are a leader within the Microsoft productivity landscape. We are a profitable, growing, awesome place to work that everyone at Sensei is proud of. Things you should know about us before applying to join:
- We’re growing. You won’t be the “new person” for long 🙂
- We’re a friendly and fun bunch. We work hard.
- We have high expectations, but we’ll make sure we help you meet them.
You can find out more about us on our website – https://www.sensei.cloud